Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Little Tune for President's Day

During my intro lesson on President's Day today, we read a book about George Washington.  I mentioned to the kids that during his Presidency, George Washington was quoted as saying "... I cannot tell a lie."  The kids were confused by this statement - they all had a perplexed look on their face, as though they were thinking why in the world can't he tell a lie?

I instantly remembered a song I learned when I was little about George Washington.  My dad used to reference the song when the topic of lying would come up in my house.  I quickly taught it to the kids and they LOVED IT.  They were singing it all the way down the hallway during dismissal.  But most importantly, they now understand why George Washington could never tell a lie.


No comments:

Post a Comment