Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Weekly Update

I apologize for my delay in providing a weekly update - I have been busy, busy preparing our class for our two week trip around the world!  If your child has not yet mentioned their future trips to England, Africa, China and several other countries, be sure to ask them.  We began our Christmas Around the World Unit this week and the kids are so enthusiastic about our travels.

This week we will have three new stamps in our passports - China, England and Ethiopia.  I will be posting about our trips throughout the next two weeks so be sure to check back in with us.

Don't forget about our Holiday Book Exchange.  I sent home a letter last week outlining what the book exchange is and the criteria for bringing in a book.  If for some reason you did not receive a letter, please let me know so I can get that out to you.  Wrapped books are due by December 14th.  If you are unable to provide a book or wrapping paper, please let me know!  Remember - books can be from your home, a thrift store, the Dollar Tree, etc.  They DO NOT have to be new.

Next week we will be creating sugar cone Christmas trees.  I will be sending home a sign-up sheet for supplies.  If you are able to donate one or more of the ingredients for our activity, I would be so grateful.  The Christmas trees always turn out so beautiful, but most importantly, they are so yummy!

David Manning was honored on Monday as our Star Student.  He has shown great improvement over the last few weeks and is always such a sweet boy - and his toothless smile warms my heart every time he beams it in my direction.  Congratulations, David.

No comments:

Post a Comment